JP Marine | Taylors Boatyard

Canal Angels has just received yet another communication relating to the practices of Peter Askey's JP Marine UK Ltd, who now trade under the name Taylors Boatyard in Chester. It appears that Peter and Yvette Askey have both left a trail of unhappy customers and employees from the South East all the way to the North West. Taylors Boatyard were invited to respond, but as usual nothing has been received:

"I used to do engine contract work for JP Marine in the south east.  I have seen how the business was run first hand, and when I asked about survey work I was told I could "buy my credentials" which at the time i thought was very suspect.  I have since completed a and passed a course run by north west kent college and Lloyds Maritime Academy costing me several thousand pounds. I was party to seeing him lose the plot although he never noticed me observing this. I also noticed his inability to meet a dead line, and they seemed to take on work they knew nothing about... They boasted they could tackle anything as long as it came with a book of instructions, the fact they are trading under an existing name is cynical and underhand, I'm glad I have nothing more to do with them".
 
(Name and address supplied)
 
 
CLICK HERE TO READ THE FULL STORY & WATCH THE VIDEO

Canal Angels | Recommended Suppliers | Surveyors & Engineers UK
The Sun Review On Taylors Boatyard

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I wold like to recommend Charles Riley of Fernpatch Consulting Ltd.. info@surveymyboat.co.uk
Charles was acting as my 'agent' in Britain (I am overseas). He agreed to look at a boat (without contract and without charge) to see if it might fit my specific needs. Again, without charge or contract, he reported that the boat in question would likely pose issues, and therefore he suggested I think again. This was all done, including the visit to the site of the boat, without contract or fee.
I looked at another boat on the internet, and asked Charles to investigate. He then suggested this might fit my needs (still no fee or charges) and suggested that if I made an offer of XXX, he would then do the official survey at a fixed price. After the survey, and the survey report, with recommendations, Charles then followed up with at least 2 subsequent visits in the purchase process, all at the original quoted price for a pre-purchase survey.
I received a detailed 40 page report (the previous survey from another surveyor was less than 10 pages). This was accompanied by more than 40 photos showing what he described in the report.
Charles also met with me when I went to Britain, spent time explaining what he saw and what he recommended. No additional cost, and after both the report was delivered and the fee paid. He guided me along the way to make a successful offer for the purchase of the boat.
Further, he has agreed to 'pop in' from time to time as I am having the boat refitted- to make sure his recommendations are being done- still no additional charge.
Charles is knowledgeable, personable, and a consummate professional.
He is one whom I will trust with my biggest investment: any boat I every buy that I want to be confident that I know will be safe for my use.
Having read of the many horror stories of surveyors that charge for every part of their service, and where the service (?) is minimalist, I consider myself exceptionally fortunate to have had a professional such as Charles to guide and advise me as he used his experience and skill to evaluate the physical aspects of the boat, but also to understand and listen to me and my needs, and evaluate whether the boat would suit what I expected. That is significant service and support.
His fees were less that the competition, and I consider those fees paid as a bargain, given the services rendered.
E Mortimer

WB Jenlyn (steve jay) said...

hi
Peter askey's brother trades as an electrician at Denham Yacht station Uxbridge in Middlesex, under the name of Steve Timebeck.

Canal Angels said...

Thank you. Is Steve Timebeck his real name, or is it Askey and he trades under another persons name?
CA

WB Jenlyn (steve jay) said...

his real name is askey, same as his brothers, but trades under timebeck. he also has lock 88 on facebook